Splitboarding & Ski touring in Bansko, Bulgaria
Over the past decade ski touring and split boarding has risen in popularity in Bulgaria. With a nice variety of accessible backcountry and connections to some of the most experienced guides you now have the opportunity to explore some of the countries most beautiful peaks in search for the perfect line.
If you’re visiting Bansko for a week and fancy a change from skiing the piste, why not head into the backcountry? From Bansko there’s a huge range of options near or far.
You could spend the week in one of our award winning chalets, or your own accommodation. Either way you’ll be picked up before setting off into the majestic Pirin mountains. If it’s more adventure you’re after, tours can be arranged lasting from 1-6 days where you’ll ascend some of the highest peaks in the Balkans. Explore both Rila & Pirin mountain ranges travelling from hut to hut for a truly unforgettable experience.
As with all our adventure tours were flexible, if you’re new to ski touring or split boarding it’s possible to arrange an introductory course before tackling any serious mountains. Either way, let us know what you want and we’ll handle the rest.
One day tour
- 08:00 Pick up from accommodation in Bansko and transfer to start point
- 08:30 Thorough check of all safety equipment and avalanche refresher session
- 09:00 Start accent into the Pirin mountains
- 12:00 Stop for lunch
- 13:00 Continue toward final finishing point and descent home
- 16:00-17:00 Finish tour and transport to accommodation in Bansko
- For a single day of touring:
- 1 person – £180 pp
- 2 person – £110 pp
- 3 person – £85 pp
- 4 person – £75 pp
- 5 person – £65 pp
- 6 person – £55 pp
- Maximum group size of 6
- Multiple day tours available
- Avalanche safely equipment not included in price, please contact us directly if you need rental
- December – April
- Return Transport to accommodation in Bansko
- Certified and experienced guides
- 200 plus vertical meters per day (depending on weather conditions & group strength, up to 700m is possible
- Depending on conditions and experience hiking can vary from 1 to 5 hours
- Rental equipment, we have freeride skis, snowboards and ski touring equipment for rental if you don’t want to bring your own
- Safety equipment: transceiver beacon, probe & shovel
- Transport from Sofia or elsewhere in Bulgaria
Accommodation, Travel & Safety
Bansko can be easily reached from Bulgaria’ capital Sofia. Sofia has a modern airport with good transport links. Several airlines serve the airport from all major destinations in Europe including London; Copenhagen; Oslo; Stockholm; Berlin; Dortmund; Paris and Bratislava. UK and EU citizens are allowed into Bulgaria without the need for a visa.
All riding will be done with experienced freeride guides. At the start of the tour there will be a talk and practice on how to use the safety equipment and how the day will run. You need to be a confident off piste skier and of a good fitness level. The guides will base all runs around the groups ability.